Heritage of India Journey
(6 Nights / 7 Days)
Mumbai - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Bikaner - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Agra - Delhi
Maharajas' Express Heritage of India itinerary offer insights into the rich heritage and culture of India.
Starting from Mumbai, the train crisscrosses through the medieval caves of Ajanta, forts and Palaces of Rajasthan and the majestic Taj Mahal during the Heritage of India Tour.
The highlight of the tour includes cultural immersion during local sightseeing tours, insider experiences such as sundowner cocktails amidst sand dunes and Elephant painting & joyrides and some shopping experiences among others.
Embarkation & Disembarkation (Heritage of India)
Guests boarding the Maharaja Express have to report at least an hour before the train’s departure at a pre-assigned venue in Mumbai for the pre-boarding facilities. All final details related to the meeting point will be emailed or handed over along with the journey’s travel vouchers and documents, around 14 days before the departure date.
All Foreign Nationals are required to obtain Tourist VISA to visit India. For details please: (CLICK HERE)
Welcome to a regal journey aboard the Maharajas Express as you embark on Heritage of India tour. By 10:30 hours, assemble at the hotel. Later get assisted transfer to the station to board your luxury train. Enjoy a warm welcome even as you complete your registration formalities. Explore the train amenities.
Proceed towards Udaipur, the next destination in the circuit.
Lunch, dinner and overnight stay onboard the Maharaja train.
- Welcome Ceremony at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Post breakfast; embark on a sightseeing tour to the City Palace complex and boat ride on Lake Pichola.
Indulge in a Royal Lunch at an exclusive venue.
Post lunch, return to the train for a leisurely evening.
Dinner and overnight stay on-board the train.
- Sightseeing tour to City Palace r
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Lunch at élite venue
On the 3rd day of the tour itinerary, you will arrive in the sun city of Rajasthan – Jodhpur.
Morning at leisure or optionally you may embark on a tour to Bishnoi Village or a spa session at leading hotel in the city.
Lunch will be served on board.
Following lunch, proceed with a tour of the mighty Mehrangarh Fort. Choose to leave on a walking tour of the Old Clock Tower Market. End the day with a lavish dinner arranged at an exclusive venue.
Return back to the train for overnight stay as train proceeds to Bikaner.
- Trip to Mehrangarh Fort
- Expedition to the Old Clock Tower
- Dinner at a private setting
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and lunch enjoying the comforts of the train.
In the afternoon, you will head to the Junagarh Fort.
Later in the evening, enjoy a sand dune excursion for exclusive barbecue.
Overnight stay aboard as the train moves to Jaipur.
- Visit to Junagarh Fort
- Sam Sand dune excursion along with barbecue
Post-breakfast; explore the unassailable Amber Fort.
Lunch is served onboard at one of the fine restaurants.
Post lunch, choose to enjoy the luxuries the train is reputed for.
Dinner at an exclusive venue.
Get back onboard for overnight stay as the Maharajas Express rolls towards Sawai Madhopur.
- Trip to Amber Fort
- Dinner at an exclusive venue.
Enjoy an early morning jeep safari through the Ranthambore National Park. Post safari, savor breakfast aboard the Maharajas’ Express. As the train travel down to Fatehpur Sikri, your next destination relish a hearty lunch. On reaching the abandoned city of Mughals , you can visit the local attractions housed here such as Buland Darwaza and Panch Mahal. Fatehpur Sikri is a celebrated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In the evening, return to the train for dinner and overnight stay.
- Jeep Safari to Ranthambore National Park
- Visit to attractions in and around UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fatehpur Sikri
Early morning on the last day of the sojourn, pay a visit to the grand structure Taj Mahal. Pride of India, Taj Mahal is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Later, you can take delight in a lavish breakfast at an exclusive venue. While you treat yourself to a grand lunch aboard the Maharajas’ Express, the train will traverse back to Delhi to mark the end of the voyage aboard this India luxury train.
The Heritage of India sojourn comes to an end.
- Visit the Magnificent Taj Mahal at Agra
- Breakfast at exclusive venue
Heritage of India Departure Dates for Season 2022-23, 2023-2024 & 2024-2025
|Nov.2022||6||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Dec. 2022||4||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Jan. 2023||1, 29||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Feb. 2023||26||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Mar. 2023||26||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Apr. 2023||–||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Oct. 2023||15||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Nov.2023||12||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Dec. 2023||10||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Jan. 2024||7||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Feb. 2024||4||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Mar. 2024||3, 31||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Apr. 2024||–||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Sept. 2024||–||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Oct. 2024||13||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Nov.2024||10||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Dec. 2024||8||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Jan. 2025||5||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Feb. 2025||2||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Mar. 2025||2, 30||The Heritage of India||Book|
|Apr. 2025||–||The Heritage of India||Book|
Heritage of India Price for Season 2022-2023
Heritage of India (7 Days/ 6 Nights) 2022-23
|Deluxe Cabins||USD 7,740.00||USD 5,810.00|
|Junior Suite||USD 9,890.00||USD 8,910.00|
|Suite||USD 13,800.00||USD 13,800.00|
|Presidential Suite||USD 23,700.00||USD 23,700.00|
Heritage of India (7 Days/ 6 Nights) 2023-24 & 2024-25
|Deluxe Cabins||USD 8,130.00||USD 6,100.00|
|Junior Suite||USD 10,390.00||USD 9,360.00|
|Suite||USD 14,490.00||USD 14,490.00|
|Presidential Suite||USD 24,890.00||USD 24,890.00|
- All the above prices are on per person per journey on twin sharing basis
- The above cost is exclusive of 5% GST that will be charged extra
- All Optional Tours are on chargeable basis and are subject to availability. Details and pricing will be made available on board during the journey
- Please note all bookings confirmed are non-transferable and will invite a cancellation charge as applicable.
- For more information visit Terms & Conditions Page
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with attached bathrooms
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Butler service, complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board
- Guided off train tours as included in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide
- Porter charges at stations
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Taxes, insurance, gratuities, telephone calls, laundry
- Alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands)
- Video, film and professional still camera fees and arrival and departure transfers
- International and domestic air tickets
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys